Wednesday, July 15, 2009

He's just THAT into his fans



So tonight, I went out with my teacher. But when I say out, I don't mean it how most people do. I went to what I thought was going to be a boring and educational evening (only the latter was true) and it proved to be one of the coolest nights I've had so far in New York.

We went to the Tara Subkoff Art Benefit on Grand St. in Soho. She is a very talented fashion designer in the city who has a brain tumor. So sad :(. So they held this silent auction with three different artist's work and tons of extremely expensive dresses and gowns designed by Tara herself.

I got there about 30 minutes before my teacher so I just wondered in, trying to pretend I belonged. Regrettably I didn't have a chance to go home and change from my work clothes. I knew I shouldn't have thought for a second that these stupid Wal-mart boots could pass for trendy! I bought them last October for a cowgirl halloween costume that I threw together at the last minute. I should have known they would come back to haunt me. With all the beautiful art and extravagant gowns in the room, I still felt like everyone there was staring at my $17.95 brown scrunched boots. I will never again trick myself into thinking that something
from Wal-mart is "cute and so cheap"

The first person I noticed in the over-crowded, blindingly-white dentist office looking room was Kevin Connolly-or better known as E from Entourage. I always told myself that I would NEVER ask a celebrity for a photo or act like a silly fan or anything like that. But I knew I had to because Chase is obsessed with the show. He and his friends literally sit around like girls and have "watch parties" when the show is on. When girls do this for Sex and the City or The Bachelorette they made fun of....tell me why that is!?

Anyway, I built up the courage and kindly told him my situation. He was SO nice and took a picture with me. Check it out above right.

Next I went to this MAC party on the Chelsea Pier- it was on 11th Ave. and W26th St. I know this because my teacher- and wing woman for the night- had written down the wrong address and we spent a good 30 minutes walking around
aimlessly.
Didn't see any celebrities there, but did see some MAC models and tons of brilliant art work by this artist (can't remember his name!!) who was showing his interpretation of their new fall makeup line. It was beautiful- check out the pics.
I thoroughly enjoyed the free drinks and food. Although I didn't eat any of the appetizers, I thought it was quirky and brilliant that they had glass bottles of coke and spritewith gourmet hot dogs being served on elaborate silver treys. The sexy guys in skin tight shirts serving them were also nice to look at. I didn't eat though, because everyone there was a walking skeleton and I felt way fat compared to them. Too bad they didn't have swag bags or any cool samples or freebies. I would have been in heaven. I downed two glasses of blush wine, a bottle of Pellegrino and a hand full of cashews (not because I was hungry, but nerves) and made my way home. And here I sit, bragging to everyone (O.K. no one reads my blog, but hey, it's out there) in cyber space. Now time for bed.

John comes tomorrow! You don't know what that means yet, but you soon will. Night!

XOXO

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment