Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time is Money, baby


I was thinking about some clichés that my parents and friends have said to me throughout the years, you know, to back up whatever point they are trying to make at the time...

have you ever noticed that people always contradict themselves with those things?

"Don't judge a book by it's cover", "What you see is what you get."

Or sometimes they can all fit perfectly together....

One example that's been coming to mind lately with my current financial situation is:
-"Time is money"
and also
-"Time flies when you're having fun"
Mathematically speaking, If we know that (T)ime=(M)oney and (T) flies with you're having fun then that must mean "money flies when your having fun."

O.K., now that I sound like a 7th grade pre-algebra teacher, do we agree with this equation?
From my present situation I would have to say I do. I've having the time of my life
-wait, does that mean money of my life?-
But I'm also spending more money than I ever have without making a single dime. So in this case, I think my hypothesis is proving itself true.

Keeping with my previous theory- Time=Money
"Money doesn't grow on trees"
"What do you think I'm made of money?"

These, yes, are weaker examples, but I'm building a small case from the ground up here, k?

I can't help, but to picture my father saying both of these, so I'm just going with that.

No, dad, you're right. Money doesn't grow on trees, neither does time. And if you're made of anything- or should I say full of (anything)- it sure isn't money.
That was a lame lame, but I'm searching for more puzzle- piece clichés to solidify my point-

but honestly, I'm not even sure if I even have one.





No comments:

Post a Comment